Are you looking for the Acutu website?
You might be a former patient, or perhaps you’ve followed an outdated link. Either way, I’m sorry to say that Acutu doesn’t exist any more: as from April 2018 it was superseded by Love Community Acupuncture.
Like Acutu, Love Community Acupuncture is run by Karen Charlesworth from the clinic just off Bishy Road, and it offers private acupuncture at affordable rates. Take a look at the menus above for more information!
If you’re a former Acutu patient, there are some changes you need to know about:
- You now pay what you can afford. This means you decide the amount you can afford to pay, based on your own assessment of your income – starting from £15 per treatment. Compared with York’s average of £40 per treatment, these are our guidelines:
- For patients with an income of less than £10,000 per year: £15
- For patients with an income up to £15,000 per year: £20
- For patients with an income up to £20,000 per year: £25
- For patients with an income up to £25,000 per year: £30
- For patients with an income up to £30,000 per year: £35
- For patients with an income of more than £30,000 per year: £40
- To protect the dignity of our patients, we operate an anonymous payment system using cash and envelopes, so we won’t be checking what you decide to pay – the choice is entirely yours. You can still pay by card if you wish (although if you do, obviously we will know how much you pay!). There is also a 2.75% card payment surcharge for all card payments.
- If you book a treatment on Mondays, you’ll see Karen; if you book a treatment on Fridays, you’ll see Chrissie. But if one of us is on leave or off sick, the other may be giving your treatment – the community acupuncture format means we can’t promise you’ll see a specific acupuncturist, although most of the time we do stick to our regular days!
- Treatments are still one-to-one (not a ‘multibed’ environment) so it’s still just you and an acupuncturist in the room.
- Our appointment lengths are now just 45 minutes each, and the clinic is open on Mondays and Fridays from 9am to 6pm.
- We now offer acupuncture only, although we do still incorporate cupping, heat lamp therapy and electroacupuncture where needed. We aren’t doing tuina any longer (there just isn’t time in the appointment).
- To minimise admin and keep costs low, if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, we ask you to do this online yourself, rather than asking us to do it for you. Find out how, here.
How does all this sound?